My Computer detect the Conhost.exe virus when browsing the internet. Today in morning when I start my pc and open my browser then its showing pop up advertisements on screen. I am close that close pop ups then its again showing and my pc start get slow working. I want to remove Conhost.exe virus from my pc. Please help me.
What is Conhost.exe?
Conhost.exe is a very sever problem that is being faced by a huge number of PC users. Tech experts have grouped it under the category of virus. It is mainly programed to harm tech users basically those who use Windows operated computer system. Experts say that this virus is so powerful weapon of cyber criminals that is causes billions dollars’ economic damage each year, due to its effect. Some of its hazardous effects are wasting of computer resources, corrupting data. It not only attacks the stored data of the infected but also serves as as the connector though which various intruders get access over the infected system.
How Does it Spread?
Conhost.exe virus uses various methods to preach into ones system. Some most common ways through which it gets installed into a system is freeware bundles, spam messages, corrupted links, email attachments, pop-up ads or messages, download attachments. Ads are the most common techniques, when a system starts to download they don’t pay any at tension to the contents that get downloading as extra package, most often pop-up arises on the window screen when use clicks on the pop-ups a security break preaches in the system and taking advantage of this Conhost.exe starts to get download without coming in knowledge of the user. Not only this portable devices are also a good carrier of this virus, a portable device device connected with an infected system too turns into the carrier of this virus, and when that device is connected to another system PC it starts to infect the another PC too.
How Does it Affect the System?
Once Conhost.exe gets downloaded it starts its work to infecting and harming the system. This virus starts replicating itself with a huge rate. This virus attacks the users data and starts infecting it. In very small span of time its infects all the data stored in the memory of the system. It starts corrupting the data by unwanted and unauthorized changes, changes may be in the contents or in the format or sometimes may delete or create the multiple copies or shortcuts of the data, it often restricts the data access. Conhost.exe increases the CPU usages which ultimately slow down the system and reduces the productivity.
What are its Symptoms?
Its symptoms can be easily recognized by the system users. A system infected by this virus starts behaving differently, which are quite visible and can be noticed. Conhost.exe attacks the system kernel first and starts changing the settings in-order to get a suitable environment for its growth and a powerful attack. It also increases ads and pop-ups. It starts showing ads of various third party intruders and starts sharing the data user data with third-party intruders which lead to sever problems. It also tracks down the browsing activity by getting control over its settings and steals data like bank details ,passwords, etc. It is very hazardous for system and users as-well, because it creates a security breech in the system which ultimately turns into a big nightmare to the system users. Whenever a user find such problems they must get confirmed that they are the victim of a very sever virus Conhost.exe. It is strongly recommended to remove this virus from the infected PC , as early as it is possible.
How to Remove Conhost.exe From System?
This virus is very harmful for system PC, you should not delay in takeing action to remove it after getting acknowledged that it has attacked you PC. This virus can be removed by two ways either by manual removal process or by automatic removal process.
Following Are The Manual Removal Process For This Virus:
There are many versions of Windows available in market, for every version there is different methods that is needed to followed.
Steps For Windows 8 Users :-
Take the mouse pointer to the right most corner of the screen, a charm bar appears there.
- Now from the charm bar select settings option and then click on control panel.
- As the control panel window appears click on programs option appearing on the window.
- Now a list of installed program appears, from the list select Conhost.exe and click uninstall option appearing at the top.
Steps For Windows 7 Users :-
- click on the start button.
- As the start button opens up, click on control panel.
- From the control panel window, select programs menu appearing in-front at the current window.
- Now, from the list of program appearing in front, you must select Conhost.exe and click on install menu appearing at the top.
Steps For Windows XP Users :-
- Go to start button and choose control panel option appearing on the screen.
- Now when the control panel window appears, select program menu.
- A list of all installed program appears on the screen, from the list select Conhost.exe and click on uninstall menu appearing at the top.
Steps For Windows 10:
1. Open System Windows 10, click on start button then click on setting button from option.
2. Now setting page of Windows 10 showing on screen, click on system button which is in first option.
3. Again new options are start displaying on screen click on Apps and Feature button which is available in Control Panel Window.
4. The new list is start showing on screen and finally select the Conhost.exe and click on the uninstall button and the virus application is get start uninstalling.
Kill the Conhost.exe Process Via Windows Task Manager:
1. Open your personal computer, then after that press shortcut key CTRL+CTRL+ DEL button through your keyboard, this key is use for open the Windows Task Manager on screen.
2. Now some option are start displaying you on screen then click on Process Tab to see all running process in your system.
3. Now you can see all running process in your screen then finally select all malicious process related with Conhost.exe and click right by mouse and select End Task option from the list . Then all the malicious running process get start to delete from your system.
Remove Conhost.exe From Browsers:
The Conhost.exe virus is remove from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge browser by following the manual steps:
For Google Browser:
1. Open Google Chrome in your system, at the right side corner the three dots are present known to be Gear icon.
2. The drop down list is start showing on screen, select the Tool menu from the list.
3. Again new option will appear in left side, then choose the Extensions button option.
4. Now all running extensions will start displaying on screen, choose the Conhost.exe from the list, the delete button is displaying at right side corner of that button hit that button. Then after that malicious extension get remove completely from your Google Chrome Browser.
Reset Browser Setting Manually :
1. Open the Chrome Browser then at the right side corner the three line is available, which is known to be Gear icon, click on gear icon.
2. The drop down list is open, then click on the setting option from the list.
3. On the screen search box is showing, type Reset on there.
4. Now at that page of Chrome browser at the end showing Reset Setting button, click on that Reset Setting button. The Chrome browser start reset your chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Browser:
1. Open Firefox browser, at the right side corner the three line is available, click on that three list button.
2. Then the main menu is start showing, click on Add-ons button which is from the list.
3. The new menu is start showing on screen, Click on Extension button which is left panel of the page. Select all malicious extension related with Conhost.exe.
Reset Browser Setting :
1. Open the Firefox browser in your computer, now at the right side corner the three lines icons is available, click on that icon.
2. At the last of the menu, click on help button.
3. Now again showing the pop up with options, Choose the Trouble Shooting Information from the option.
4. Now finally click on the Refresh firefox button so that your Firefox browser get restart now and all the setting get reset.
For Microsoft Edge Browser:
Since the Microsoft Edge not have any button of Extension option then in that case you should reset your browser setting so that you can remove Conhost.exe from your web browser.
Reset Default Search and Homepage:
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser then , as usual at the right side corner the three dot is present which is known to be More button.
2. Then Setting option is start displaying you on screen, click on setting option.
3. The Advance View setting option is showing you, hit them.
4. Now, click on the <Add New> to Add Search provider from the list.
5. Now enter the Desired Search Engine, Add as a Default to reset so that your browser get restart now.