From last couple of days, i am unable to perform any task on my Windows 10 PC due to Winres.exe. Every time, i boot the system or try to open any of the applications then it interrupt my activities. I am facing such issues for the first time in my system. Even my updated anti-virus has also failed to help me in order to deal with the situation. If you have any knowledge about the ways to fix Winres.exe then please help me. I need to get rid of it quickly. All the suggestions will be strongly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
What is Winres.exe?
Winres.exe stands for Windows Forms Resource Editor which has been designed by Flavor Retail. It is an executable file which is used in Windows operating system. The security status of the file is unknown and its latest version is 4.6.1055.0. It has got 1 start rating in popularity context. However, Recently, many users has complained that when they attempt to start their Windows 10 system or launch any specific program then it generates error message on the screen. You need to know that such errors are caused due to downloading the files from unauthorized sources which can bring harmful threats in the system. Even more, there are many causes responsible for Winres.exe errors. Some of the common points has been mentioned below:-
- Damage of registry entries which is related to .NET framework or Winres.exe.
- Virus or malware attack in the system.
- Installing incomplete version of Microsoft Framework application.
- Multiple programs using Winres.exe at a same time.
- Accidental deletion of Winres.exe file from the system.
What are the error messages causes after Winres.exe?
- “WinRes.exe is not a valid Win32 application”
- WinRes.exe Application Error
- Fixed Application Path: WinRes.exe
- WinRes.exe is missing
- Error starting program: WinRes.exe
- An error has occurred with WinRes.exe and needs to be closed and we apologize for the inconvenience
- WinRes.exe is not active
- It might be helpful in resolving the issue if you notice the timing of an error message
- WinRes.exe not found.
How to Fix WinRes.exe Errors Manually?
Method 1: Run Disk Cleanup in the system
- Open Run command by pressing Win + R keys together.
- You need to type cleanmgr and click on OK button.
- From the pop up menu, you need to select C: drive and click on OK button.
- Disk Cleanup will start to calculate the space which you need to free. Now, click on Cleanup System option.
- You need to select the same drive again and allow the Disk Cleanup for C: drive to appear on the screen.
- Select all the options excel Download and click on OK button.
Method 2: Install the Latest Drivers for the Devices:
Sometimes, using outdated device drivers also causes WinRes.exe error in the system. You can update it by following the given steps:-
- Right click on the Start button from the Taskbar.
- Choose Device Manager option.
- Select the driver which you need to update.
- Go to the selected entry and finally click on “Update Driver” option.
- Follow all the instructions which will appear on the screen.
Method 3: Use System Restore option in Windows 10:-
Initially, you need to press Windows key and type Restore option and tap Enter key.
- Select System Restore option.
- Choose the date from which you want to perform restoration process.
- Finally, click on OK button.
Method 4: Uninstall Application Associated with WinRes.exe File.
If you are still getting WinRes.exe error in the screen then you need to uninstall the specific programs which is related to the file.
- Open Control Panel by clicking on the Start button.
- Go to Programs and Features options.
- Select the application from the list and right click on it.
- Click on Uninstall option.
Method 5: Install the latest updates of the programs
Using outdated programs also causes such types of errors on the screen. In order to perform the activity, you can follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- Press Win + I keys together to open Update & Security option.
- Check for the updates and proceed its steps.
Important Point for Novice Users: All the aforesaid steps requires technical knowledge. The manual steps are complex and requires more time. In fact, it does not provide 100% guaranty to fix the error. If you will remove any important file accidentally during performing these steps then it can result dangerous for the system or freezing of the operating system is also possible. So, do not follow all these steps if you does not have much knowledge about the internal files of the system.
How to Fix WinRes.exe Automatically?
No need to panic because in such a situation, we recommend you to use Reimage Repair Software. It is a powerful tool which has capability to perform deep scanning in the system and repair the damaged files immediately. Even more, it can also restore the lost WinRes.exe files in just few clicks. This powerful tool has designed to fix DLL errors, remove harmful threats, clean Registry Editor and enhances the working speed of various functions of the system. Due to its user-friendly interface, even non-technical users will also able to handle the tool in a hassle free manner. So, what are you thinking for, download the trial version of the software without making any delay.