Hello friends! I am extremely annoyed with the regular crashing of Torrent in my Windows 10 PC. I was trying to download bulk items since then, I am facing such problems. It is becoming difficult for me to perform any other activity on the system. I am looking for the method to fix the crashing issue permanently. If you have any idea about it then please help me. Thanks in advance.
Windows 10 is an advanced operating system which comes with lots of features. It has received positive reviews from the users for its performance. Now-a-days, most of the users makes use of Torrent to download the files, movies, videos etc. It is extremely popular among the users who loves to watch movies. In fact, it is used by over 150 millions users at a time. But sometimes, many users claims that they are extremely annoyed with the crashing of the Torrent in Windows 10. You should know that such type of issue occurs due to various reasons. Some of the common points has been mentioned below:-
- Huge load in the Input/Output reads and writes.
- Installing incompatible or outdated version of the programs.
- Downloading bulk items at a time.
- Virus or malware infection in the PC.
- Accidental deletion of important files of the Torrent application.
No need to panic, if you are fed up with crashing of the Torrent application. This guide contains all the essential information which will help you to solve the issues. No matter, you are using uTorrent, BitTorrent or qBitTorrent, this guide is effective for all the users of Torrent.
Troubleshoot Compatibility Issue:
Many times, crashing of the Torrent may happen due to upgrading the operating system to Windows 10. In such a circumstances, there is high chances of compatibility issue. Users can fix the issue by following the steps which are mentioned below:-
Step 1: Close the Torrent application if it is active.
Step 2: You need to right click on the icon of Torrent and choose “Troubleshoot Compatibility” option from the list.
Step 3: The troubleshoot wizard will appear on the screen. You need to click on Troubleshoot program option.
Step 4: A list of issues will appear under “What problems do you notice” option. You need to check the box and click on Next button.
Step 5: Follow the instructions which will appear on the screen. After completing the process, you can access Torrent to check whether it crashes or not.
Set Torrent as Default Program:-
The next thing you need to do is to set up Torrent as a default downloading application for your system. Follow the guidelines which are given below to perform the activity:-
- Press Win + I keys together to open Windows Settings
- Click on the Apps category from the Settings Window.
- In the left sidebar, you need to click on Default Apps option. From the option in the right side, you need to click on “Choose default apps by file type”.
- Search the file type .torrent and select uTorrent as the default apps.
Reinstall the Torrent application:-
Accidental deletion of any file or virus infection in the program can also cause regular crashing of the application. In order to deal with the situation, users can also reinstall the program. Firstly, you need to uninstall Torrent by following the steps which are mentioned below:-
- You need to tap Windows + S keys together.
- Type the name of your Torrent like uTorrent, BitTorrent etc in the search bar. Right click on the file name and click on Uninstall option from the list.
- Restart the Windows 10 PC.
Reinstalling the Torrent:-
Users need to download the latest version of Torrent from its official site. After successful download, you need to double click on its executable file and follow the instructions to install the application in your PC.
Disable Windows Caching:-
Windows Caching is also an important factor for crashing of the applications. Users need to check I/O reads and writes and try to reduce it to minimum level. If you will add new Torrent to the existing list then crashing is possible even without starting the downloading process. However, Torrent does not provide caching options but users can disable it from the Device Manager also. In order to disable Windows Caching, you need to follow the steps which are given below:-
- Press Win + X button in order to open Device Manager.
- Click on Disk Drive category.
- Right click on the name of your hard disk and click on Properties option.
- Go to Policies tab and uncheck the box “Enable write caching on the device”. Finally, click on Apply and OK button in order to disable Windows caching permanently.