Can anyone tell me why am I getting wab.exe error on the screen when I launch some programs like MS Outlook in Windows 10 PC. It generates lots of error messages which is completely annoying. I am a non-technical user so I don’t know how to deal with the situation. I have searched on the web but does not detected the steps which I can follow it easily. Is there any powerful software which can help me to fix wab.exe error in easiest way? Thank you so much in advance.
What is wab.exe?
wab.exe has been released by the Microsoft Corporation as a program file. It was designed when the company has developed Security Release ISO image as a part of Windows 10. Both these programs has been coupled together. It has unknown security rating and popularity rating of 1 start. The latest version of wab.exe file is 10.0.17763.1. However, this file is executable in nature which is a part of Windows Address book. Its main purpose is to reserve the contact details, emails, and address which are used by Microsoft Outlook. It is an important program for the system which need to be secure. But sometimes, it is seen that wab.exe gets corrupted due to malware attack or any other reason and stops working. Even more, it will also start to display floods of error messages on the screen which is mentioned below:-
- “Wab.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”
- Cannot find wab.exe
- Wab.exe is not a valid Win32 application
- Error starting program: wab.exe
- Wab.exe Application Error
- Faulting Application Path: wab.exe
- Wab.exe is not running.”
What are the main reasons responsible for wab.exe errors?
There are several factors which are the reason behind wab.exe errors on the screen. The main points has been discussed below:-
- Damage or deletion of registry entries which are associated with wab.exe file.
- Virus or malware attack in the system.
- Accidental deletion of important system component which are related to wab.exe file.
- Due to conflict between the newly installed program and wab.exe.
- Incomplete download or installation of the file in the PC.
- Terminating the installation process of the file improperly.
- Installing infected programs in the system.
- Abrupt termination of the system when file is in use.
How to Fix wab.exe Errors Manually?
Method 1: Termination unwanted processed related to wab.exe file.
However, it is not a permanent solution of wab.exe error but it will help you to remove the restrictions or errors temporarily. Follow the steps which are mentioned below:-
- Open Windows Task Manager in Windows 10 by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Find wab.exe and check out the task which are associated with it.
- Right click on the unwanted processed and select End Task option.
Method 2: Repair wab.exe files using System file Checker.
If wab.exe file has been damaged due to virus or malware attack in the system then you can repair it easily through command prompt. In order to repair the files, you need to follow the guidelines which are given below:-
- Open the command prompt by typing cmd.exe in the search bar of Windows 10.
- Right click on the cmd and choose Run as Administrator option to get all the access of administration.
- A confirmation Window will appear, you need to click on Yes option.
- Now, you need to type sfc / scannow command and press Enter key.
- It will begin the scanning process and repair all the files to stop the errors completely.
Method 3: Execute DISM Command in the PC
DISM command is helpful in repairing the defective component or files of Windows 10 PC. In order to use the command, you are advised to follow the guidelines which are mentioned below:-
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys together. Now, type cmd.exe and tap Shift + Ctrl + Enter key together.
- A UAC will appear, you need to click on Yes option..
- In the command prompt, you need to type the given command i.e. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter key.
Method 4: Uninstall Infected or Unwanted Programs
keeping lots of unnecessary programs in PC also causes wab.exe error. In order to get rid of it permanently, we recommend you follow the given steps carefully.
- Tap Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings app and go to App & Features option.
- Select the Apps which looks suspicious or unwanted in the PC.
- You need to click on Uninstall button from the extended pane.
Note: Users need to know that the aforesaid steps are quite complicated and requires technical knowledge. It will consume lots of time and does not provide guaranty to fix wab.exe error completely. If you don’t have much idea about the commands or internal files then you should avoid these steps otherwise it will create more troubles for the system.
An Automatic Way to Fix wab.exe Errors:
In order to help the non-technical users, experts has designed Reimage Repair Tool which comes with powerful features. Using its powerful algorithms and high level mechanisms, you will be able to conduct deep scanning in the system. It has capability to remove all types of suspicious threats, clean the registry entries and optimize the running speed of system functions. Due to its user-friendly interface, it can be easily handled by the non-technical users also. It comes with various advanced features which has increased its popularity among the users. The trial version of the software is also available for the users. You can download it to check its working efficiency and performance. So, download the tool now.