Have you several processes running in the task manager which is related to WmiPrvSE.exe? Are you annoyed with regular crashing or freezing of the operating system? Does your system is losing its working speed? Do you want to fix all these issues then we suggest you to follow the post which is given below. It contains all the instructions which will help you to terminate the unwanted processes related to WmiPrvSE.exe in just few clicks. So, try to follow the instructions in step-by-step manner.
What is WmiPrvSE.exe?
WmiPrvSE.exe is an executable file which is mostly used by the developers to monitor the objectives. Moreover, it is generally confronted with the production environment when you upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. But sometimes, this process will occupy huge space in the system memory and increases the CPU usage which can result to crashing or permanent freezing of the opertaing system. You need to know that such issue occurs due to failure of service pattern.
What are the main reason behind WmiPrvSE.exe high CPU usage?
Mostly, there are two main reasons which are responsible for high usage of CPU by WmiPrvSE.exe. The points has been discussed below:-
- It is caused when one or more processes will use several handles.
- Excessive memory used by one or more processes.
How to Fix WmiPrvSE.exe Processes Manually?
Restart the WMI Services
If you are confirmed that WmiPrvSE.exe is increase the CPU usage then you can fix the issue manually. Firstly, you need to restart the WMI services because it may happen due to small issues also.
- Open the Run command prompt by pressing Windows + R keys together.
- Now, type services.msc and hit Enter key. You will find Services Console will appear on the screen.
- You need to find Windows management instrumentation services and right click on it.
- Finally, click on Restart button. It will terminate the unwanted processes related to WmiPrvSE.exe and degrade the CPU usage.
Update the Windows PC:-
Sometimes, using outdated version of Windows also causes such type of issues. So, you can update it by following the steps which are mentioned below:-
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings app.
- Now, In the right side, you will find Updates and Security option, click on it.
- Now, click on Windows Updates from the left sidebar. You will find Check for updates button in the right pane of the screen.
- If it display any update then you can proceed and restart the Windows 10 PC.
Restart the other services which are related to WmiPrvSE.exe:-
- Click on Cortana Search and enter CMD. You need to right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator option.
- If any UAC prompt appear then click on Yes option.
- Once the command prompt opens up, you need to type the command which are given below and press Enter key after every command:-
- net stop iphlpsvc
- net stop wscsvc
- net stop Winmgmt
- net start Winmgmt
- net start wscsvc
- net start iphlpsvc
Point to Remember: Users need to be aware that these steps are quite complex and requires technical knowledge. If you will perform any silly mistake then it will result dangerous for the system performance.Thus, it is not suitable for the novice users.
How to fix the high CPU usage of WmiPrvSE.exe?
If you are unable to perform any activity on the system and wants to terminate the unwanted processes easily then you need to make use of Reimage Repair Software. It is a powerful tool which comes with advanced features. It has been designed by the technical experts by using powerful mechanisms and algorithms. It will perform deep scanning in the system and carries ability to terminate all the unwanted processes from the task manager. Even more, it will also detect and detect the presence of malicious threats from the system. Additionally, you does not need to use other tool for cleaning registry entries. It is a perfect tool which will optimize the system performance and provides best working experience to the users. Due to its user-friendly interface, even non-technical users will also handle the tool in a hassle free manner. So, download the trial version of the software without making any delay.