Have you received Java Error Code 1618 while installing Java Runtime in your PC? Does it states that another MSI is running under process? Have you find lots of strange activities in the system? Do you want to know the common reasons behind such situation? If you are facing all these issues and wants to get rid of it completely then you need to follow the instructions which are given in the post below. It contains all the necessary instructions which will help you to get rid of Java Error Code 1618 permanently. So, follow the guide carefully.
What is Java Error Code 1618?
Windows 10 PC is one of the most popular operating system which is used commonly. It comes with various advanced features and powerful functions which enhances the users experience. You can install a wide range of applications to complete your tasks in easiest way. Recently, many users has complained that they are getting Java Error Code 1618 on the screen while installing Runtime in their system. This message will claim that another Microsoft Installer is already running in the system. You need to know that such alerts are not always true. It is possible that there is other installation which is blocking you from installing JVM in your Windows 10 PC.
Download Free Tool to Fix Java Error Code 1618 and Optimize PC Performance
What are the main causes of Java Error Code 1618?
Users need to know that there are various factors which are responsible for such error codes on the screen. Some of the important points has been given below:-
Virus or Malware Infection: Sometimes, presence of harmful malware will also stop the users from installing new applications in the PC and thus generates Java Error Code 1618 on the screen.
Incomplete Installer: If you are using the installer which lacks some important files then it will show error messages on the screen.
Third-Party Applications: It is also possible that presence of third party applications can results to such alerts on the screen if it creates conflict between the programs.
Incompatible Version: Some of the installer are not compatible with the installed operating system. It will also results to unwanted error codes on the screen which is completely annoying.
How to Fix Java Error Code 1618 Manually?
No need to worry if you are constantly getting Java Error Code 1618 on the screen. Sometimes, it gets fixed manually if you will follow the given instructions carefully.
Method 1: Terminate Process related to msiexec.exe
- Right click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager from the list.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- You will detect lots of running processes in the task manager. Here you need to find msiexec.exe and Trustedinstaller.exe file. Now, right click on the process and select End Task option.
- Try to install the program again and it is possible that you will not get any error message on the screen.
Method 2: Change Installer Services of Windows
If you are still getting the alert then we suggest you to change the service. In order to execute these tasks, you should have admin rights. Now, follow the steps which are given below:-
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run command and type services.msc.
- Service Console will appear on the screen. You need to find Windows Installer option and right click on it. Now, choose Properties option.
- Under the Service Status, click on Start button.
Method 3: Execute Java Installer Offline
Even after restarting the services, you are getting Java Error Code 1618 on the screen then you should try to run Java installer offline. In order to complete the process, you need to follow the given steps carefully.
- Firstly, you need to delete all the instances of Java application from your PC.
- Now, visit the official site of Java. You need to find the Offline installer for Windows 10 and download it in the PC.
- After successful downloading, you need to right click on the installer and select Run as administrator option. Now, follow all the given steps and restart the PC after successful installation process.
Method 4: Check for Latest Updates of Windows
Sometimes, presence of bug in the system can results to Java Error Code 1618. You need to check if Windows has released any updates. If available then you need to install update by following the steps which are given below:-
- Tap Windows logo + I keys together in order to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Update & Security option.
- Click on Check for updates button. It will find all the latest updates which you need to install in the system. If available then download and install in the system.
- Finally, reboot the PC and run the Java installer again.
Important Point for Novice Users: You need to know that the aforesaid steps requires technical knowledge. If you will mistakenly delete important file or install unwanted updates then it can result dangerous for the system. It is not suitable for non-technical users. If you are a novice user then you need to avoid following the manual steps otherwise it can create more troubles for you.
Fix Java Error Code 1618 Automatically:-
If you have tried all the manual steps and still getting Java Error Code 1618 at the time of installing application then we suggest you to make use of Reimage Repair Software. It is one of the best tool which is capable to perform deep scanning in the system and detect all the reasons behind such error codes. Even more, this tool will definitely fix the issue. It can also be used to enhance the running speed of the system functions and protect the PC from the worst impacts of malignant threats. Even more, it will also fix the DLL issues and cleans Windows Registry Editor. Due to the user-friendly interface of the tool, it can be used by the non-technical users also. It is compatible with different versions of Windows operating system. The trial version of the software is also available for the users. So, download the tool without wasting a single moment.