Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) is a kind of fatal error which occurs due to so many reasons. This is called Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) because the screen appears to be blue when the error occurs. Commonly the BSoD error caused due to the issues of hardware or software. Generally, the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) error indicates the system conflicts which results in the system crash. This error got its name by the critical messages which it shows on that blue screen. The BSoD denotes the error which relates to system hardware, temperature, resources, timing, registry settings or malware infection.
Basically, there are four components of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) and they are:
- Actual error message
- Loaded memory modules
- Unloaded modules with no errors
- Current kernel debug status
These error codes of BSoD denotes the driver data as well as the troubleshooting tips in the form of hexadecimal values and text. Generally, in the latest versions of Windows 8 & 10, the operating systems are so smart that they can easily deal with this error. The error messages which appeared in the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) is quite simpler in Windows 8 & above versions as compared to the previous ones.
The Windows 8 operating system restarts automatically the moment Windows encounter this error. This is a kind of nasty error which can ruin your system administration experience as it causes the sudden restart.
Sometimes, it is not possible to read the error codes because of the Windows restart. But, there is a way by which one can read the proper error and can understand the reason of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). This can be done by the following process.
- Right click on the “My Computer”
- Select “Manage” option
- Go through “Computer Management Window”
- Select “Event Viewer” option.
- The “Event Log” has all the details about the cause of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD)
Possible Causes of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) in Windows 8
There are so many hardware as well as software issues which are the cause of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). Low level of software running in the kernel, incompatible hardware divers and outdated installation of software are also some of the major reasons behind Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). Misconfiguration of system settings, corrupted registry hives and other several issues inside the system gives birth to this fatal error in Windows 8.
How Does Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) Occur in Windows 8
The Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) is also known as the stop error and is also known as the bug checker in the Windows Software Development Kit. It generally occurs when a driver or the kernel running in a kernel mode encounters a fatal error which can’t be recovered. It happens due to the execution of an illegal operation in Windows 8 and the operating system has no any option but to restart. The restart is the sudden impact of this error because the Windows doesn’t have a chance to recover from this error. This results in the loss of data as it restarts without your permission and so you will not be able to save the data.
Possible Ways To Fix Blue Screen of Death (BSoD)
There are so many ways by which one can get rid of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) and we have the following ways.
- If you have updated any software or changed any settings in the Windows, then it can be a possible cause of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). Just UNDO the changes you have made recently and test again for that error.
- Use “System Restore” to UNDO the recent changes. It will restore the system to the best last known good configuration.
- Roll Back the device driver to the previous version.
- Test whether there is enough space on the drive where the Windows is installed or not. Having not enough space is also a reason for this fatal error and data corruption.
- Scan for the viruses, because some virus has the capability to infect the MBR (Master Boot Record) or boot sector which results in BSoD error. It is also very effective if you scan the entire system through safe mode.
- Apply all available patches of Windows 8 Operating System so that all the vulnerabilities of the system gets patched. Sometimes, the latest released patches contain the fixes for Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). So, it can also be a good solution to remove Blue Screen of Death (BSoD).
- Update your driver because most of the BSoD caused due to the improper actions on the hardware. So, it is also recommended to update the device driver in order to get rid of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD).
- It is also recommended to check the application and system logs. These logs are stored in the “Event Viewer” from where one can find the right clue and reason for the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD
- Return the BIOS settings to the default. A misconfigured BIOS settings cause so many fatal errors and issues in the Windows Operating System and that’s why it is also an effective solution.
- Always make sure that all the cards, cables, and all the components of hardware are fixed and installed properly. The hardware components which not seated in a proper way can also be a reason for Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). So, make sure that everything is connected properly.
- Perform tests on all the hardware components. A failing or defective piece of hardware is a reason for Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). If the diagnostic test fails, then you must have to replace the memory or the hard drive from the system because it can also be the reason for some other fatal issues.
- Update the BIOS, because in some situation an outdated and expired BIOS could be a reason for Blue Screen of Death (BSoD).
So, the above mentioned are the solution for the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). Apart, from all these manual solutions, we have an automatic solution as well. There is a free and powerful tool called Reimage Repair Software which automatically fixes each and every bug which are causing Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). Below is the download link of the Reimage Repair Software which has the capability to remove Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) from the Windows 8 Operating System.