Hello, I am Stephen and I have recently updated my Windows 7 PC to Windows 8. I have heard that the updated version of the Windows Operating System has opened so many doors of better features and benefits and that’s why I installed this Operating System to my computer. The installation completed and after few hours of use, I started to encounter an error message on the screen which says “An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)“. This error message is ruining my complete system administration experience as I am not able to work properly. I also have used so many techniques in order to remove this Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure in my Windows 8 but am unable to do so. If anyone here with an effective solution then please help me to get rid of this error. Thanks in advance…
Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure in Windows 8
Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure is a kind of error which the user encounters during system restore or update. It happens when the user tries to update his/her operating system to Windows 8/8.1/10. Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure can occur during the update process or after the process. This error will suddenly pops-up saying “An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)“. Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure is a very nasty error and it can completely ruin your system administration experience as well. However, this is 2019 and we have a lot of automatic as well as manual methodologies to repair and fix Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure.
Reasons Behind Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure
There is a list of reasons which causes Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure. Below we have a list of some common causes:
- Corruption of registry files by malware/virus attack.
- O0utdated system drivers installed
- Installation of malicious software
- Improper operations on the system
- Inappropriate actions are taken on the system
- Misconfiguration of system settings
- Incorrect submissions of system settings
- Errors in windows update
- Faulty hardware
- The broken connection inside the system
When Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure Occurs
As we have discussed earlier, this Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure occurs during or after updating the Windows Operating System to Windows 8/8.1/10. This generally occurs due to the reasons which we have discussed above and the user must not have to be panic because we have an automatic as well as manual solutions to get rid of this error.
Solutions To Fix/Remove Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure
There is a list of manual solutions which will help the user to get rid of Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure. But, in order to remove this error manually, one must have a good knowledge about both the hardware as well as the software. There is also an automatic method by which the Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure will be removed in some easy and simple clicks and this will be done by using Reimage Repair Software. This Reimage Repair Software is an automatic application which has the capability to remove any errors, infections as well as vulnerabilities in some simple clicks.
So, first of all, we will discuss the manual methodologies which will help in removing Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure from the Windows 8 system and here we go,
- Check the settings of your OS: It is highly recommended to check the settings of your operating system because we have discussed that the improper configurations will lead to Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure. Basically, Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure occurs due to some minor problems in the system settings which was overlooked during the update process. So, it is recommended to check that the date and time are correctly inserted. If possible, then run an anti-virus program to perform a complete scan of the system. Fix the corrupted files and errors which you will find after the scanning process. This will help you to resolve the issue.
- If you are the administrator, then use your rights: If you have the administrative privilege then don’t forget to use your rights. Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure occurs because the user has not performed the system restore process with the computer’s administrative rights. When the user uses some other accounts apart from the administrative account, then there is a huge probability that user will fail to overwrite certain system files. This is the reason why the user must switch to the administrative account in order to resolve Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure. To do this, Login to the administrative account> Click Start> Inside Search Program and File Box, Search “System Restore”> Right Click on it and choose Run As Administrator> Follow the instructions> Check if the issue has resolved or not.
- Update the drivers: It might be possible that your drivers are not getting compatible with the hardware devices. There are so many errors will pop-up if you have an outdated or misconfigured system setting. It is recommended to check and install the updated drivers which will get compatible with the hardware. To check the conditions of the drivers, you can follow this step. Press Windows+X> From jump list, choose device manager> Expand entries and check the one which is creating errors> Go through each damaged driver> Right-Click on it> Update driver
The Pro Tip- Reimage Repair Software
The above-discussed methodologies are the time-consuming, complex and lengthy methods. These manual methods will take much more time and the user must have to be a geek in order to perform these actions. Any minor mistake will create huge errors as well and that’s why it must be done in a skilled manner. The Reimage Repair Software is an automatic tool which is tremendous in removing Error 0x8000fff Catastrophic Failure from Windows 8/8.1/10. The Reimage Repair Software is a highly advanced tool which is designed and developed in order to remove every PC threats, infections, vulnerabilities and, errors. This automated tool will work in an easy manner by some simple clicks. The Reimage Repair Software is user-friendly software and it is not required that the user must be a computer geek to run this program and remove PC threats and infections. Below, we have the download link of the software as well.