MBA is a post-graduate course which is most preferred by the students. MBA in Canada is popular all over the world due to its quality education. It is the most proffered destination for study abroad by the students. Do you want to complete your MBA in Canada? Are you planning to complete your higher education from abroad? You must go through this article. Here you will get the details about Canada is the best option and how you can complete your higher education in Canada at a cheap rate.
Why an MBA in Canada?
Completing your MBA from Canada is one of the best opportunities among all. This is because they offer you the practical as well as theoretical knowledge. The Government of Canada is also promoting the students to study here by providing various schemes and scholarships for foreign students. They have introduced a new strategy ‘International Education Strategy’ to maintain itself on the global list for providing higher education.
Many institutions provide you with quality education and a good environment with affordable fees than the UK or the USA. They provide you an international degree. Canada has also achieved a good position in the “Top 100 Global MBA Ranking”. The investment in education in Canada can also give you a good return. You can get a high salary job after MBA in Canada. It is simple to get a student visa and admission in Canada.
MBA in Canada requirements or
Eligibility for MBA in Canada for Indian students?
After you had learned about the importance of completing an MBA in Canada. The next question that comes to mind is the requirements or Eligibility for MBA in Canada for Indian students. If you want to complete your MBA degree in Canada then you need to qualify all these criteria:
- You must have completed a bachelor’s degree from any well-recognized university.
- There are two English language proficiency tests, IELTS and TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). If you are not a native of English speaking place then, you need to achieve a good score in the exam. The average score to get admission in a foreign English speaking country is 6.5 in IELTS and 80 in TOEFL. In Canada, IELTS is the most preferred one.
- High GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score to get a top university. The average score to get admission in Canada is 550.
- Proper Work experience (if any). It may be asked by some institutions.
After you have fulfilled all the above criteria, then it’s time to search for the university that suits your score and family income.
You can also read about Study abroad is possible now: how to get a scholarship to Study abroad?
What are the criteria to select the right institution?
- You should always take care while selecting an institution for your education. Get the idea about Academic Excellence, Location, Tuition Fee and international student support.
- Now, you need to apply to the university that you had chosen from their official website.
- Don’t forget to apply for the student visa. Submit all the documents.
You can also read about Interview preparation: Tips to prepare yourself for your first interview
Cheapest MBA in Canada for international students?
You may wish to go to the Top MBA colleges in Canada. Unfortunately, the tuition fees for the top college are too high. But not to worry, here is the list of the cheapest universities that you can take admission to. This is because Canadian universities are trying to attract Indian students. The problem you may face there is French. Yeah, if you will learn French, you will get a wider option for your education and carer in Canada. You can have a look at the cheapest universities in Canada:-
- The Memorial University of Newfoundland, with tuition fee for international students: $2,859, Duration of course: 1.5-2 Years.
- University of Northern British Columbia, with tuition fee for international students: $3,604, Duration of course: 2 Years
- The University of Manitoba, with tuition fee for international students: $4,456, Duration of course: 2 Years
- The University of Saskatchewan, with tuition fee for international students: $4,992, Duration of course: 2 Years
- Wilfrid Laurier University, with tuition fee for international students: 11,998, Duration of course: 1 Year
You must research about the college before taking admission in them.
MBA in Canada without work experience?
There are many benefits to getting an education before work experience. You don’t waste your time in getting work experience rather you invest your time in completing education and get an early start of your career. There are also some universities in Canada which don’t require any work experiences to get admission to the MBA program. Below is the name of universities in which you can apply without GMAT score:-
- New York Institute Of Technology (NYIT), Vancouver, BC(Canada)
- Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia
- Brock University
- Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia
- The University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario
- Vancouver Island University (SPP), Nanaimo, British Columbia
You can also read about How to Write an Effective CV: Tips and advice from the expert
MBA in Canada without GMAT?
Yes, you can also get admission to the university that doesn’t require a GMAT score. Below is the name of colleges in which you can apply without GMAT score:-
- Beedie School of Business
- DeGroote School of Business
- Desautels Faculty of Management
- HEC Montréal
- Ivey Business School
- John Molson School of Business
- Smith School of Business
But most of the universities take your admission based on Education profile and academics achievements or working experiences. But taking the exam of GMAT is a better option because you can get a wider option for admission in different universities.
What is the cost of an MBA in Canada in Indian rupees?
The range of fees to pursue an MBA degree in Canada varies from university to university or college to college. If we assume that 1CAD = Rs. 50, then the average fees that are needed to pursue an MBA in Canada are Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. Rs. 41 Lakhs. You can also read about How to invest money safely: Investing money for beginners
How can I get a scholarship to study MBA in Canada?
You may wish to go to the Top MBA colleges in Canada. They may offer you the best quality of education and job. Unfortunately, the tuition fees for the top college are too high. But many scholarship programs can help you to get admission in the best college in Canada. Below are the scholarship to study MBA in Canada list is mentioned:-
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program(It offers you to take admission in top universities of Canada).
- Rotman School of Management Scholarships
- Schulich School of Business Scholarships
- Haskayne School of Business MBA Entrance Scholarships
- Sauder School of Business Entrance Scholarship
- Alberta MBA Scholarships
- Ivey MBA Scholarships (It is the largest merit scholarship that funds students in Canada).
You can read the details of the scholarship to apply.
From the above article, you may conclude that to get an MBA degree from Canada is prestigious and helpful. Ii will open the doors of various scope and career options in your life with a handsome salary. Although getting admission to a Canadian university is tough due to the high fee structure and different eligibility criteria. But there are many options if you want to be there. You can take advantage of various scholarship programs. Now its the time for preparation for the trip to Canada. Start your preparation for IELTS and GMAT, score high and convert your dream into reality.