I have purchased new laptop which is based on Windows 10. I haven’t used the operating system earlier so I am having difficulty in opening Control Panel. I want to customize the default settings but don’t know how to access Control Panel. Could you please provide the ways through which I can open it? All the suggestions will be strongly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Windows 10 is a latest version of Windows operating system which has been released by Microsoft Corporation. It comes with improved features which provides best working experience to the users. You can customize all the settings according to your requirements. In Windows PC, you need to open Control Panel to perform any changes in the default settings. Actually, it is a platform provided by Windows which contains a large collected of applets. It allows the users to change any settings of system. Thus, it is an important tool for Windows based users. You need to know that Windows Control Panel can be accessed through Command Line, Start Menu, Shortcut key, Windows Explorer as well as Power user menu and personalize menu. If you don’t have idea about these methods then you need to follow the given article carefully.
How to Access Control Panel in Windows 10:-
Using Cortana Search Method:-
- In the Taskbar, you need to click on Cortana Search.
- You will find a search box. Now, type Control Panel in the box and search results will appear on the screen. You need to click on the desired result.
Use Run Command to Open Control Panel:-
- Open Run command prompt by pressing Win + R keys together.
- Type Control Panel in the search box.
- Finally, click on OK button or Hit Enter key.
Use Command Prompt on Windows 10 to Open Control Panel:-
- Again, Click on Start menu and select Run.
- You need to type cmd in the search box and click on OK button.
- Command Prompt will appear on the screen and you need to type start control and press Enter key.
Open via Desktop Toolbar:-
- In the vacant space of Taskbar, you need to perform a right-click and a pop up menu will appear on the screen. You need to put your mouse cursor on the Toolbars from the list which is located at the top.
- Some additional options will appear and you need to click on Desktop option.
- You will find Desktop toolbar will appear on the taskbar, Click on the arrow and choose Control Panel.
Using the Power user Menu:-
Firstly, you should know that the Power Menu is the menu which comes up after right clicking on the taskbar of Windows 10. You can also open the Control Panel with the help of Power user menu. To Perform the action, you need to follow the steps which are mentioned below:-
- On the lowest left side of the desktop screen, you need to right click on the Start icon.
- Select the Control Panel option.
Point to Remember: In the latest version, Control Panel has been removed from the Power user menu.
With the Help of Start Menu:-
- Click on the Start menu which is located at the lowermost corner of the desktop.
- A list of programs will appear on the screen. You need to scroll down until W letter comes in view. Here, you need to search and click on Windows system. From upward, you will find Control Panel option at the second position.
- If you continuously open Control Panel then you will also found its name in the most used segment after launching the Start menu.
Pin Control Panel to Start Menu:-
- In the Cortana search field, you need to type Control Panel.
- In the results, you will find Control Panel option. Right click on it and select Pin to Start option.
Pin Control Panel to the Taskbar:-
- You can also pin Cpanel to the taskbar also. Again search it using the Cortana search box.
- Right click on Control Panel and choose Pin to Taskbar option.
- Open Control Panel by using any method
- You need to right click on the icon which is available in Taskbar.
- A list will appear with different options. You need to click on Pin to taskbar.
Using the Shell Command:-
- You need to tap Windows + R keys altogether.
- Type shell:ControlPanelFolder in the search box and hit Enter key.
Open Control Panel from Task Manager:-
It is a latest method which is discovered lately. You can follow the steps which are given below in order to open Control Panel from Task Manager.
- Choose the Task Manager option which is located at the third position from bottom by right-clicking on the Taskbar.
- Click on the File menu from the menu bar and select Run new task option.
- A new dialog box will appear on the screen, you need to type control.exe and click on OK button.
- It will open Control Panel quickly on the screen.
Access Control Panel with the help of Shortcut Path:-
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Type %SystemRoot%/System32/Control.exe path in the search box
- Finally, click on OK button or press Enter key.
Open Control panel from Settings in Windows 10
Press Win + I keys together to open Settings dialog box and type Control Panel. Click on the icon from the search results to open Control Panel quickly.
We have explained almost all the ways through which you can open Control Panel in a hassle free manner. I hope this guide will definitely help you in future.