What is Virtual Private Network Connection in Windows 8.1 ?
A virtual private network is known as a network that can be used to simultaneously connect two systems. A virtual private network or VPN connects two remote computers, sites or servers securely using a public network (mainly the Internet). With this network connection, an employee can easily access your organization’s intranet from anywhere outside your office. Organizations with branches in different geographic locations can easily connect to your centralized intranet using VPN. Thus, you may need to add a VPN to a PC running Windows 8/Windows 8.1 to access the Office Intranet or for any other reason. There are two ways to do this. There is a new, inefficient modern user interface for managing VPN profiles in Windows 8.1. This new interface is present in the PC settings and provides a mixed experience for creating, editing and deleting your own and third-party VPN clients.
As we all know, VPN is a vital and vital part of the Windows 8.1 operating system. After knowing the basic details of the virtual network, you should know the process to create a virtual private network connection on the platforms of the Windows 8 operating system. These are the lists of manual steps that help change the configuration of your system and also Fix the virtual private network connections on the Windows 8 computer. Look at the points mentioned below:
Method 1. Use system settings
- First of all, turn on your Windows 8 system and move your mouse pointer on the Charm bar option.
- Now, click on Settings tab.
- You will see another Charm bar dialog box in which you need to click on PC Settings to change the system settings.
- Select the Network tab which is present at the left side of panel.
- Click on Add a VPN connection tab which appears at the right-side of main screen.
- Check if the connection is in signed in then quickly you need to click on VPN Provider. When you select the option then you will notice the lists of Windows VPN clients. Then, you need to check the client details which are appeared according to your needs. Look the below snapshot.
- In next step, click on Connection name, you need to type Server name in connection text. Now, you have to locate remote Access VPN server and check which is related with your server name.
- Choose the Type of Sign-in info. If you are looking for easy techniques to sign-in then select the Username and password option. If you select this option then it’s the good and effective option for you. Because this given option will keep safe and secure your internet privacy.
- Now type your desired Username and Password. If you check it then it will not ask you for the sign-in information further connection attempts after the first successful connection. In In this below screenshot I do not add my Server name or address for the purpose of privacy but, you will have to write Server name or address before clicking on Save button.
- Now open your Network connections list and try to connect to your new added VPN.
Method 2. Through Control Panel
- First of all, switch on your Windows PC and access Control Panel from the Program lists. Now, you will see the two options namely Set up a new connection or network & Troubleshoot problems. You will have to select first link by using a mouse pointer named as Set up a new connection or network.
- Well, once you select this option, the four different types of connections appear on your system screen in which you have to choose Connect to a workplace and move to Next button.
- If any type of connections installed in your system then simply click on the first option named as No, create a new connection and then click on Next option.
- Select Use my Internet connection (VPN). Type the IP address details in the IP address text area of the Remote Access VPN server. Then select Remember my credentials and move to create the button that allows you to link up to web address field directly.
- Type a connection name that you want for this VPN connection in the Target Name field.
- If you want to use a username and password to enter the VPN connection, clear the Use a smart card check box.
- Select or clear the Allow others to use this connection check box, if desired. If checked and prompted by UAC, click Yes or enter an administrator’s password.
- When complete, click Create to add the VPN connection.
- Open the Network UI, click the newly added VPN connection, and then click Connect.
- Enter a user name and password, if necessary, and click OK.